Congrats are in order! Janet Maslin’s annual summer reading list for the New York Times has, at long last, achieved peak caucasity. Maslin’s book selections for summer 2015 all have one glaring fact in common: each author is—wait for it... wait for it—white.
Here is the SRL breakdown, going back to 2012, according to tipster E.A. Shaw:
Maslin’s list is pretty unforgivable because there are a number of great books being released this summer by writers of color. Here are a few we’d suggest:
- In the Country: Stories by Mia Alvar (June 16)
- The Star Side of Bird Hill by Naomi Jackson (June 30)
- Modern Romance by Aziz Ansari (June 16)
- Flood of Fire by Amitov Ghosh (August 4)
- Loving Day by Mat Johnson (May 26)
- And, for those lucky enough to get an advance copy of Ta-Nehisi Coates’ new book, Between the World and Me (September 8)
See, that wasn’t so hard Janet.
[Image via Shutterstock]